TDA’s You Art What You Eat statewide student art contest engages students K-12 in learning about healthy nutrition by encouraging them to use their imagination and illustrate healthy school meals while also incorporating TDA's provided theme. The winning entries inspire designs for cafeteria posters, social media ads, flyers and other resources that schools across Texas will use for celebrating National School Lunch Week and School Breakfast Week.
- Students will incorporate school lunch or breakfast items into their artwork.
- Winners will be chosen from
- Primary (Kindergarten - 5th grade)
- Secondary (6th grade - 12th grade)
- Winners will be announced in May 2020.
2020 Art Contest Themes
- Blast Off with a Healthy School Lunch
- Blast Off with a Healthy School Breakfast
2020 Capitol Exhibit
At this time, The State Capitol is closed to visitors and TDA's annual You Art What You Eat Capitol Exhibit planned for May 2020 has been cancelled. Click on the Gallery of Winners tab to view the online Gallery of Winners.