Latest Coronavirus Updates
Sponsoring Organizations
A Sponsoring Organization is defined as:
  • Two or more child care centers or adult day care centers owned by the organization (affiliated); and/or
  • Non-profit and have one or more child care centers or adult day care centers that are not part of the same organization (unaffiliated) that the organization intends to sponsor .

Affiliated – means all the centers associated with the organization are legally part of the organization (for example, a corporation that owns two centers)
Unaffiliated – means the centers associated with the organization are not legally part of the organization (for example, a non-profit organization that sponsors the CACFP participation of a center owned by a church)

Apply online at 

Complete training prior to application approval. Applications can be submitted prior to training, but the application cannot be approved until the training is completed. You will complete the appropriate "Introduction to the CACFP" course. If you have not already completed training, go to Intro to CACFP Training section to locate and register for the appropriate course.

Ensure you complete all the information under the following tabs as applicable: 

  • Application packet

  • Advance request - if your organization wants to receive advances

  • Annual audit


    In addition to completing the information contained in TX-UNPS you will be required to submit the additional information listed below as applicable (reference the appropriate handbook as needed for additional information.)

  • FND Permanent Agreement 
  • Direct Deposit Authorization (74-176)
  • Application for Texas Identification Number (AP-152)
    • If using an EIN submit either a copy of
      • The IRS letter issuing the EIN to the organization, or
      • A payment coupon with the EIN pre-printed on the coupon
  • Performance Bond
  • Certificate of Authority 
    • Upon submission of the pre-eligibility form, the organization would have received a confirmation email that included the above form and instructions. 
  • Pre-Award Civil Rights Compliance Review
  • Description of qualifying afterschool enrichment/educational program (at-risk afterschool care centers only)
  • Documentation of Area Eligibility - verification from the school that the site is located in its attendance area.  Reference CACFP At-risk Afterschool Care Centers Handbook, Item 4221 for specific verification requirements (at-risk afterschool care centers only.)
  • Documentation of Licensure
    Child care sites exempt from licensing must submit proof of exemption from the licensing requirement (reference the at-risk afterschool handbook for exceptions to this requirement)
  • Proof of compliance with State, City or County health and/or safety requirements if exempt from licensing
  • Proof of 501(c)(3) tax exemption (non-profit organizations only)
  • Organizational Chart
    • Include names and titles of all officers, agents, full or part time staff, volunteers, board members and consultants
  • Subcontract Agreements
    • Contracts for purchased meals or services related to the CACFP: If the organization plans to contract for meals it must use the appropriate TDA Invitation for Bid and Contract for Purchased Meals (IFB) which can be found here.
  • Organization - Legal Documents (submit all that apply):
    • Articles of Incorporation
    • Certificate of Formation
    • Assumed Name Certificate
  • Governing Body –
    • Governing Body Awareness form
    • Legal Documents (applies to all Principals within non-governmental organizations)
      • Copy of Government Issued ID
        • Driver’s license
        • Military ID
        • Valid US Passport
        • Voter Registration Card
    • Proof of residential mailing address
      • Driver’s license
      • Copy of a current lease
      • Bank statement
      • Utility bill

means any individual who holds a management position within, or is an officer of, an organization or a sponsored center, including all members of the organization’s board of directors or the sponsored center’s board of directors.

Additionally, sponsors of unaffiliated sites must have on file for TDA review a completed and signed Permanent Agreement Between Sponsoring Organization and Child Care Facility (for child care centers) (H1630) and/or Permanent Agreement Between Sponsoring Organization and Adult Day  Care Facility (for adult day care centers) (H1653), as well at the Articles of Incorporation/Assumed Name Certification/Certificate of Formation (all that apply), proof of 501(c)(3)  tax exemption if applicable, organizational chart and Governing Body Awareness for each unaffiliated site. These documents must be in place before submitting an application for the site.

All forms that are not submitted in TX-UNPS must be completed in ink or other non-erasable print.

School Data
To determine if the school in which the site is located (attendance area) meets the eligibility requirements for the at-risk afterschool care center component of the CACFP (50% or more of the enrolled students are eligible for free or reduced-price meals) use the eligibility data provided on the 2020-2021 School Data.pdf.

Submit required documents and completed application (include your contracting entity (CE) ID on all correspondence, if applicable) to one of the following:
Email to:
Fax to:                        

Mail to:         
Texas Department of Agriculture
Food and Nutrition Division

Attn: F&N Business Operations - Applications

P.O. Box 12847

Austin, Texas 78711

Overnight to:
Texas Department of Agriculture           
Food and Nutrition Division             
Attn: F&N Business Operations - Applications
1700 North Congress Ave.

Austin, Texas 78701

Revised June 25, 2020

Assistance available in English and Spanish. Please call 877-TEX-MEAL (877-839-6325) for help.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. Logo

Texas Department of Agriculture Logo

Texas Department of Agriculture

Commissioner Sid Miller

Facebook Icon Instagram Icon
Twitter Icon YouTube Icon