New CACFP Applicants
​TYPES OF Contracting Entities (CEs)
Adult Day
Care Centers
Public or private nonprofit adult day care facilities which provide structured, comprehensive services to nonresidential adults who are functionally impaired or aged 60 and older, may be eligible to participate in CACFP as independent or sponsored centers.
Child Care Centers Eligible public or private nonprofit child care centers, outside-school-hours care centers, Head Start programs, and other institutions which are licensed or approved to provide day care services may be eligible to participate in the CACFP, independently or as sponsored centers.
Day Care Homes A family or group day care home must sign an agreement with a sponsoring organization to participate in the CACFP. Day care homes must be licensed or approved to provide day care services.
Afterschool At-Risk Programs Eligible At-Risk programs must be organized primarily to provide care for children after school or on the weekends, holidays, or school vacations during the regular school year;  provide organized regularly scheduled education or enrichment activities; and be located in an attendance area of school where at least 50 percent or more of the children are eligible for free or reduced-price meals.
The Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) plays a vital role in improving the quality of day care and making it more affordable for many low-income families.

CACFP serves nutritious meals and snacks to eligible children and adults who are enrolled for care at participating child care centers, day care homes, and adult day care centers. CACFP also provides meals to children residing in emergency shelters, and snacks to youths participating in afterschool care programs.

CACFP Quick Reference

Before You Apply
Visit this page to complete the intake form to provide TDA with information about your organization.

After submission of the intake form, your organization will receive a confirmation email at the address you provide.  TDA will review the intake form and determine if your organization is subject to a financial viability review.  Organizations that are subject to the financial viability review will be sent the financial viability packet via email.  Organizations that are not subject to the financial viability review will be sent the next steps in the process.

Please Note: Before an application will be reviewed by our internal teams, you MUST complete the required trainings. If you do not complete the required trainings and an application is pre-submitted it will NOT be reviewed.

After the above step is completed, please proceed with following the below instructions.
When You're Ready To Apply
After you have followed the instructions in the "Before You Apply" section of this page, please visit TX-UNPS and follow the specific program instructions by selecting one of the options below:

If you need assistance or a paper application, please contact TDA at (877) TEX-MEAL (877-839-6325).

Assistance available in English and Spanish. Please call 877-TEX-MEAL (877-839-6325) for help. Additional translations services available as well.

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

1. Mail:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
2. Fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. Logo

Facebook Icon Instagram Icon
Twitter Icon YouTube Icon