Application Information for Renewing CEs
Interested Applicants
The information on this page is only for renewing School Nutrition Program CEs. If you are NOT a renewing Contracting Entity (CE), visit the New Applicants page to learn more. 

CEs Not Renewing
CEs that do not wish to renew their participation must submit a written request to terminate their FND Permanent Agreement by mutual consent no later than September 30 of the current program year. Written notification should be emailed
Renewing CEs

Please refer to the Administrative Reference Manual (ARM) for information for renewing CEs.

Latest Program Application Updates
CEP Reporting
An update to TX-UNPS to reflect the change in CEP Eligibility percentage from 40% to 25% ISP is expected to be completed by April 1, 2024. There is no change to the submission process for the CEP Eligibility Report. However, please be aware CEP eligibility indicators in TX-UNPS may not be accurate until the update is complete.
Important Renewal Application Deadlines:
  • January 15 - SSO site application opens
  • March 1 - CEP Report opens in TX-UNPS (required by all CEs)
  • March 20 - CEP Report deadline in TX-UNPS (required by all CEs)
  • April 15 - NSLP Application opens in TX-UNPS
  • May 31 - SSO Site application or renewal deadline
  • June 30 - SNP application for CEP CEs due in TX-UNPS
  • July 1 - Submit SNP Application Renewals due

Application Submittal Guidance:
1. Food Safety Inspection
    • Complete the prior year's Food Safety Inspection Report. Click the applications tab--> food safety inspection and fill out.

2. Annual Audit 
    • All CEs that are not ISDs or Government Entities must fill out and submit annual audit screen in TX-UNPS. Click applications tab--> click annual audit and fill out for program year.

3. Contracting Entity Application
    • Review and update all data entered as necessary
    • Review Question 24. If the counting and claiming options have changed complete attachment B or change answer to no.

4. Meal Pattern Dashboard

    • Fill out the annual attestation contact information. Click save. You do not need to submit the annual attestation form, since it is not required.

5. Site Application
    • Review site applications and update data as necessary.

6. CEP Schedule
    • If CE is CEP, complete the Contracting entity application and site applications first, then add CEP schedule last, so that the CEP data populates.

General Application Guidance:
Submit required documents and completed application (include your contracting entity (CE) ID on all correspondence, if applicable) to one of the following:
Email to:

Mail to:         
Texas Department of Agriculture
Food and Nutrition Division

Attn: F&N Business Management - Program Eligibility

P.O. Box 12847

Austin, Texas 78711

Overnight to:
Texas Department of Agriculture           
Food and Nutrition Division             
Attn: F&N Business Management - Program Eligibility 
1700 North Congress Ave.

Austin, Texas 78701

Assistance available in English and Spanish. Please call 877-TEX-MEAL (877-839-6325) for help. Additional translations services available as well.

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

1. Mail:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
2. Fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. Logo

Facebook Icon Instagram Icon
Twitter Icon YouTube Icon