July and August 2022 Claim Submission Instructions
These rates are effective from July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2023. NOTE: The extra $0.40 per lunch and $.15 provided by the Keep Kids Fed Act are included as part of these published rates. Note that these additional reimbursements are temporary and only apply for School Year 2022-2023.
- Paid - $0.77 ($0.37 base + $0.40 temporary reimbursement)
- Reduced - $3.93 ($3.53 base + $0.40 temporary reimbursement)
- Free - $4.33 ($3.93 base + $0.40 temporary reimbursement)
Contracting entities serving at least 60 percent free and reduced-price lunches under NSLP for at least the first three months of school year 2020-2021 will receive a 2-cent supplemental lunch reimbursement.* In addition, contracting entities certified to receive the performance-based cash assistance will receive an additional 8 cents added to the lunch reimbursement. These additional reimbursements will be applied and paid automatically to eligible contracting entities through the Texas Unified Nutrition Programs System (TX-UNPS).
*For CEs that operated a summer program in either SY 2020-2021 or SY 2021-2022 and do not qualify for the 2-cent reimbursement per standard regulations, please refer to our School Year 2022-2023 Frequently Asked Questions document for additional options for qualification.
After School Care Program
- Paid - $0.09
- Reduced - $0.54
- Free - $1.08
- Paid - $0.50 ($0.35 base + $0.15 reimbursement)
- Reduced - $1.96 ($1.81 base + $0.15 reimbursement)
- Free - $2.26 ($2.11 base + $0.15 reimbursement)
Breakfast - Severe Need
Individual schools may qualify for Severe Need Breakfast reimbursement to supplement the regular free and reduced-price breakfast reimbursements. Within a CE, some sites may be eligible for severe need funding and others may not. For a site to be eligible in SY 2022-2023, at least 40 percent of its total lunches served in school year 2020-2021 must have been free or reduced (minimum three months operation).* There are instances where a new school may qualify for Severe Need Breakfast reimbursement. For additional information, email Food and Nutrition at firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free at (877) TEX-MEAL. Reimbursement rates including severe need are as follows:
- Reduced - $2.37 ($0.41 severe need reimbursement included)
- Free - $2.67 ($0.41 severe need reimbursement included)
*For sites that operated a summer program in either SY 2020-2021 or SY 2021-2022 and do not qualify for severe need breakfast reimbursement per standard regulations, please refer to our School Year 2022-2023 Frequently Asked Questions document for additional options for qualification.
USDA Foods Published Rate Of Assistance
- SY 2022-2023 Commodity Meal Rate – The published rate for the period July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2023, is $0.30 per meal for NSLP schools.
- Additionally, USDA’s 12% provision dollars and the 20M breakfast dollars for NSLP make the effective SY22-23 NLSP rate $0.43 cents.
- Texas does not have a separate rate and is following the national rate of $0.43 cents.
Historical Rates of Reimbursement
Go to USDA FNS Rates of Reimbursement to see reimbursement rates for past years.
UPDATED CLAIM DUE DATES CHART COMING SOON!