Latest Coronavirus Updates
Reimbursement Rates for SBP
These reimbursement rates are effective from July 1, 2021, through June 30, 2022.

  • Paid - $0.33
  • Reduced - $1.67
  • Free - $1.97

Breakfast - Severe Need*

  • Reduced - $0.38
  • Free - $0.38

*Contracting Entities (CEs) may qualify and apply for Severe Need Breakfast reimbursement in addition to the regular breakfast reimbursement for each of their sites. Within a CE, some sites may be eligible for severe need funding and others may not. For a site to be eligible, at least 40 percent of its total lunches served in school year 2019-2020 must have been free or reduced. There are instances where a new school may qualify for Severe Need Breakfast reimbursement. For additional information, email Food and Nutrition at or call toll-free at (877) TEX-MEAL.

Assistance available in English and Spanish. Please call 877-TEX-MEAL (877-839-6325) for help.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. Logo

Texas Department of Agriculture Logo

Texas Department of Agriculture

Commissioner Sid Miller

Facebook Icon Instagram Icon
Twitter Icon YouTube Icon