Latest News for School Nutrition Programs

RELEASE: Excess Net Cash Resources Plan – NEW UPDATES

" June 1, 2022 - Updates to the new Excess Net Cash Resources Plan form (formerly known as the Plan for Reducing an Excessive Operating Fund Balance) were released.
June 1, 2022 - In March, a new Excess Net Cash Resources Plan form was released. This form replaced the previous Plan for Reducing an Excessive Operating Fund Balance. TDA updated this form to clarify the funding source—“net cash resources”—and to align with USDA terminology.

On May 27, 2022, TDA re-released the new Excess Net Cash Resources Plan with the following updates:
      • Clarified that net cash resources do not include food inventories (including USDA Foods),equipment, or other non-cash resources.
      • Corrected the net cash resources formula to exclude inventories.
      • Corrected three-month average expenditures formula to include number of operating months.
      • Added a completion date.
      • Added TDA authorization.

TDA will update the Administrator’s Reference Manual (ARM) soon to align with this update.

The form is located the Forms table on SquareMeals:


Assistance available in English and Spanish. Please call 877-TEX-MEAL (877-839-6325) for help.

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

1. Mail:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
2. Fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. Logo

Facebook Icon Instagram Icon
Twitter Icon YouTube Icon