Latest News for School Nutrition Programs

SSO Claim for the month during transition to regular SSO.

" June 1, 2022 - For ISDs where the school year SSO transitions to the normal summer SSO within the same month, one combined claim may be filed for that month.
June 1, 2022 - For ISDs where the school year SSO transitions to the normal summer SSO within the same month, one combined claim may be filed for that month. For example, if the SSO that operated during the normal school year ends on May 27 and the normal summer SSO starts on May 31, the site application in TX-UNPS would reflect both the school year SSO and normal summer SSO operating days. One combined claim would then be filed to reflect all days in which SSO was operated during the month of May.

  1. Check that the correct number of days are entered in May. It should be for the total number days SSO meals were served in that month.
  2. Every meal and day served must be selected to encompass all meals and days both the normal school year SSO were served and the normal summer SSO were served.
  3. One combined claim will be filed to reflect both normal school year and normal summer SSO meals served for that month.


Assistance available in English and Spanish. Please call 877-TEX-MEAL (877-839-6325) for help.

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

1. Mail:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
2. Fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. Logo

Facebook Icon Instagram Icon
Twitter Icon YouTube Icon