CEs that do not wish to renew their participation must submit a written request to terminate their FND Permanent Agreement by mutual consent no later than September 30 of the current program year.
Online at https://txunps1.texasagriculture.gov
At minimum, the following information must be submitted:
Contracting Entity Application
Any fields that have changed
- All fields for which the information did not “roll-over”
- Annual Audit - information in this screen must be updated each year
- Sponsoring organizations must submit a new budget each year
- Independent centers must submit a budget if there are changes to the budget or if TDA requires a new budget (the CE will be notified if a new budget is required)
- Preferences for Advances
- CEs must indicate a preference for advances each year, and if electing to receive advances must complete the Advance Request screen
All forms/documentation not submitted in TX-UNPS must be completed in ink or other non-erasable print.
Can I be a CACFP Contracting Entity Renewal Updates for PY21
Important Renewal Application Dates
Any other changes not already submitted that affect Program participation, must be submitted with the renewal as well.
If you need assistance, please contact TDA at (877) TEX-MEAL (877-839-6325).
CACFP Renewal Applications for 2020-2021 open in TX-UNPS on July 1.
DUE DATES: We recommend submitting your application by:
- August 15, 2020 if you were notified that you are a Tier 3 Renewal, and/or if you are a Dual Sponsor (a sponsor of Centers as well as Day Care Homes).
- August 30, 2020 if you are a sponsoring organization, a Tier 2 Renewal, and/or are making significant changes to your previously approved application packet.
- September 1, 2020 if you are an independent center and/or Tier 1 renewal.
- If you wish to participate in the CACFP for Program Year 2021 you MUST SUBMIT AN APPLICATION (only complete applications that have no errors will be approved for renewal) FOR RENEWAL via TX-UNPS NO LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 30, 2020.
- Submitting an application after September 1, 2020, may delay advance payments and payments for claims.
- December 1, 2020 - ALL CACFP renewing CEs must have an approvable application submitted; CACFP renewing CEs whose applications that cannot be approved as submitted as of December 1, 2020 will be declared Seriously Deficient (SD).
DUAL SPONSORS ONLY:
- All Dual Sponsors’ (sponsors of centers as well as day care homes) budgets must be reviewed simultaneously by TDA. Therefore, all dual sponsors must submit their applications for centers and daycare homes at the same time.