Latest Coronavirus Updates
All Renewing Contracting Entities

CEs that do not wish to renew their participation must submit a written request to terminate their FND Permanent Agreement by mutual consent no later than September 30 of the current program year.

Online at

At minimum, the following information must be submitted:

  • Contracting Entity Application
    • Any fields that have changed
    • All fields for which the information did not “roll-over”
  • Annual Audit - information in this screen must be updated each year
  • Budget
    • Sponsoring organizations must submit a new budget each year
    • Independent centers must submit a budget if there are changes to the budget or if TDA requires a new budget (the CE will be notified if a new budget is required)   
  • Preferences for Advances
    • CEs must indicate a preference for advances each year, and if electing to receive advances must complete the Advance Request screen


All forms/documentation not submitted in TX-UNPS must be completed in ink or other non-erasable print. 

Any other changes not already submitted that affect Program participation, must be submitted with the renewal as well.

If you need assistance, please contact TDA at (877) TEX-MEAL (877-839-6325).

Can I be a CACFP Contracting Entity Renewal Updates for PY21

Important Renewal Application Dates

CACFP Renewal Applications for 2020-2021 open in TX-UNPS on July 1.

DUE DATES: We recommend submitting your application by:

  • August 15, 2020 if you were notified that you are a Tier 3 Renewal, and/or if you are a Dual Sponsor (a sponsor of Centers as well as Day Care Homes).
  • August 30, 2020 if you are a sponsoring organization, a Tier 2 Renewal, and/or are making significant changes to your previously approved application packet.
  • September 1, 2020 if you are an independent center and/or Tier 1 renewal.


  • If you wish to participate in the CACFP for Program Year 2021 you MUST SUBMIT AN APPLICATION (only complete applications that have no errors will be approved for renewal) FOR RENEWAL via TX-UNPS NO LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 30, 2020.
  • Submitting an application after September 1, 2020, may delay advance payments and payments for claims.
  • December 1, 2020 - ALL CACFP renewing CEs must have an approvable application submitted; CACFP renewing CEs whose applications that cannot be approved as submitted as of December 1, 2020 will be declared Seriously Deficient (SD).


  • All Dual Sponsors’ (sponsors of centers as well as day care homes) budgets must be reviewed simultaneously by TDA. Therefore, all dual sponsors must submit their applications for centers and daycare homes at the same time.

Submit required documents and completed application (include your contracting entity (CE) ID on all correspondence, if applicable) to one of the following:
Email to:
Fax to:                        

Mail to:         
Texas Department of Agriculture
Food and Nutrition Division

Attn: F&N Business Operations - Applications

P.O. Box 12847

Austin, Texas 78711

Overnight to:
Texas Department of Agriculture           
Food and Nutrition Division             
Attn: F&N Business Operations - Applications
1700 North Congress Ave.

Austin, Texas 78701

Revised June 25, 2020

Assistance available in English and Spanish. Please call 877-TEX-MEAL (877-839-6325) for help.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. Logo

Texas Department of Agriculture Logo

Texas Department of Agriculture

Commissioner Sid Miller

Facebook Icon Instagram Icon
Twitter Icon YouTube Icon