School Nutrition Eligibility for School Staff
FAQ for School Staff
Use the + button to expand each topic
Food assistance programs available for school-age children  Maximize 

Eligibility may be determined in several ways  Maximize 

Helping families understand how a household is determined  Maximize 

Questions you should prepare to answer from parents  Maximize 

Resources for CNDs
Nutrition Program Overview for School Staff
Nutrition Program Overview for School Staff One-Pager - helps educate school staff about nutrition programs as well as how eligibility is determined. (Available in English and Spanish.)

Nutrition Program Overview for Households
Nutrition Program Outreach Postcard for Households - either hand out or print on card stock and send through the mail. Details how a household can determine eligibility and has a fillable section for CND contact information. (Available in English and Spanish.)

Assistance available in English and Spanish. Please call 877-TEX-MEAL (877-839-6325) for help.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. Logo

Texas Department of Agriculture Logo

Texas Department of Agriculture

Commissioner Sid Miller

Facebook Icon Instagram Icon
Twitter Icon YouTube Icon