The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) was created to ensure that children in low-income areas could continue to receive nutritious meals during long school vacations, when they do not have access to school lunch or breakfast. The program reimburses organizations who serve approved meals to qualifying children. All meals are served free to eligible children.
Your Organization may be eligible for the SFSP if your organization is:
- A public or private nonprofit school food authority;
- A public or private nonprofit residential camp;
- A public or private nonprofit college or university;
- A unit of local, county, municipal, state or federal government; or
- Any other type of private nonprofit organization.
Contracting entities participating in the SFSP must:
- Demonstrate financial and administrative capability;
- Not have been declared seriously deficient;
- Serve low-income children;
- Conduct a nonprofit food service;
- Provide year-round service; and
- Exercise administrative oversight at approved meal service site.
If you believe that you meet these requirements and would like to apply for the SFSP, complete the SFSP Pre-Eligibility Form.