Latest News for School Nutrition Programs

FDP Security Group Name Changed

" September 30, 2021 - Several Food Distribution Program security groups have been updated with a new name.
September 30, 2021 - The naming conventions of several Food Distribution Program security groups have been updated to reflect access based on the role of the user. The change should assist in ensuring the proper access is being provided to users.

User access to the groups did not (bold "did not") change and neither has the security rights within the groups. The only change is to the name of the group. These updates are reflecting on the Security Authority for User Access Managers (FND-135) and the Certification of Authority for External Users (FND-101) accordingly.

The new names for the groups are as follows:
    • FDP CE Administration is now FDP NSLP/SFSP
    • FDP CE Direct Ship is now FDP Direct Ship School
    • FDP Food Bank is no CSFP/TEFAP CE


Assistance available in English and Spanish. Please call 877-TEX-MEAL (877-839-6325) for help.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. Logo

Texas Department of Agriculture Logo

Texas Department of Agriculture

Commissioner Sid Miller

Facebook Icon Instagram Icon
Twitter Icon YouTube Icon