Food Bank Resources

Donation or Transfer of USDA Foods

A contracting entity (CE) participating in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) may transfer inventories of USDA Foods to another entity when they are unable to utilize the product within the program year it was allocated or if it is close to expiring. Refer to this guide for steps a CE must follow to initiate a transfer.

Important Information for Food Bank CEs

Updated 3/24/20

Please complete the intake form below to utilize flexibilities provided by USDA related to CSFP operations.

TDA is requesting waivers from USDA to support the continued operation of meal service should coronavirus impact operations related to TEFAP and CSFP. 

Waivers have been approved that allow for:

  • Retroactive distribution of CSFP food packages. 
  • Ability to delay issuance of cheese in CSFP food packages. 

No other federal waivers have been issued. All other federal regulations remain in effect.

TEFAP Operations at School Sites

Updated 3/17/20

Frequently Asked Questions


Assistance available in English and Spanish. Please call 877-TEX-MEAL (877-839-6325) for help.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Texas Department of Agriculture
Commissioner Sid Miller