SFSP Resources

No Child Present Waiver Guidance

Updated 3/29/20
USDA has approved for State Agencies to develop a plan to allow parents to pick up meals without their children present. Contracting entities must notify TDA of their intent to utilize this option by completing this intake form. Refer to our quick reference one-pager for more information on this waiver, and contact your Education Service Center for additional guidance.

Webinar Opportunity for Updates on Meal Serving Options

Important Information for SFSP CEs


Updated 3/24/20

TDA has requested waivers from USDA to support the continued operation of meal service during the coronavirus outbreak. The status of USDA waivers can be found here

Private non-profit organizations can also serve meals to children in area-eligible locations closed temporarily due to the coronavirus. For schools that are not area-eligible (less than 50% of students are free and reduced-price eligible), organizations may elect to utilize closed enrollment policies. This would allow meals to be served to students with an eligibility of free or reduced-priced. Private non-profit organizations serving meals must ensure that meal locations are not in areas where schools are still open or in areas where schools are providing meals to students under SSO or SFSP.

Intake Form
Private non-profit organizations should complete the intake form below in addition to your TXUNPS application. This information is required before you can file a claim for the meals served.

Organizations planning to offer meals to students during a closure must start the 2020 SFSP application as soon as possible in TXUNPS. When completing the site application, please ensure that all sites serving meals due to COVID-19 are listed as new sites in the application with the letters “CV” followed by the site name. Ensure that all “CV” sites have an individual physical address listed for each one. TDA recommends that child nutrition directors contact SFSP.Bops@texasagriculture.gov for specific guidance on how to complete a summer application most efficiently.

TDA will update this webpage with further instructions to utilize any newly approved waivers.

Emergency Relief Grants Available


Frequently Asked Questions


Assistance available in English and Spanish. Please call 877-TEX-MEAL (877-839-6325) for help.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Texas Department of Agriculture
Commissioner Sid Miller