Latest News for the Child and Adult Care Food Program

Application Processing

" June 28, 2022 - TDA can only process complete applications for the Child and Adult Care Food Program. Incomplete applications will be returned to the CE without any review for accuracy having been conducted.
June 28, 2022 - 
» TDA can only process complete applications; only complete applications will be reviewed for accuracy.
» Incomplete applications will be returned to the CE without any review for accuracy having been conducted.

DUE DATES: We recommend submitting your application by:
» August 15, 2022 if you are notified that you are a Tier 3 Renewal, and/or if you are a Dual Sponsor (a sponsor of Centers as well as Day Care Homes).
» August 30, 2022 if you are a sponsoring organization, a Tier 2 Renewal, and/or are making significant changes to your previously approved application packet.
» September 1, 2022 if you are an independent center and/or Tier 1 renewal.

» If you wish to participate in the CACFP for PY 2023 you MUST SUBMIT AN APPLICATION (only complete applications that have no errors will be approved for renewal) FOR RENEWAL via TX-UNPS NO LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 30, 2022.
» Submitting an application after September 1, 2022, may delay advance payments and payments for claims.
» December 1, 2022 ALL CACFP renewing CEs must have an approvable application submitted; CACFP renewing CEs whose applications that cannot be approved as submitted as of December 1, 2021 will be declared Seriously Deficient (SD).

» All Dual Sponsors’ (sponsors of centers as well as day care homes) budgets must be reviewed simultaneously by TDA. Therefore, all dual sponsors must submit their applications for centers and daycare homes at the same time. 

» Data from the most recently approved budget detail will roll over from 2021/2022 to 2022/2023.
» Via Memo CACFP08-2015, Assessing Costs in the Child and Adult Care Food Program, USDA provided a tip sheet with the same title to assist in the determination of the allowability of costs in the CACFP nonprofit food service. The tip sheet has been posted for your use here under both “CACFP Policy & Handbook” and “CACFP Administration & Forms.”  The tip sheet and the link to USDA’s FNS Instruction 796-2, Financial Management –Child and Adult Care Food Program have been put in the same location for convenience and ease of use.

» You may upload your supporting documentation directly to TXUNPS via the CACFP application packet in the Checklist Section. Documents must be uploaded in PDF format. 
» Any documentation/information not provided as part of the application packet in TX-UNPS should be submitted via .
» ALL CEs must be prepared to submit a compensation plan as part of the application for participation in the CACFP (refer to FNS 796-2, Rev.4 for additional guidance). Previous review and/or approval of the compensation plan DOES NOT EXEMPT a CE from this requirement; if the compensation plan is requested as part of the application packet the CE must provide it for review and approval.


Assistance available in English and Spanish. Please call 877-TEX-MEAL (877-839-6325) for help.

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

1. Mail:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
2. Fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. Logo

Facebook Icon Instagram Icon
Twitter Icon YouTube Icon