" June 1, 2022 - TDA is modifying its policy on serving NSLP/SBP meals on additional school days included as part of an Additional Day School Year (ADSY) calendar. Schools can serve NSLP/SBP meals if curriculum, attendance, and communication meet specific conditions on those days.
June 1, 2022 - In School Year 2022-2023, TDA will allow schools to serve NSLP/SBP meals on additional school days under the following conditions:
- Additional school days must fall within the beginning and ending dates of a campus’ published school calendar.
- Child nutrition staff must prepare the same amount of food as they would on a normal operational day.
- Curriculum must be available to all enrolled children on these additional days.
- The district must communicate to families that attendance is expected on these days, either through explicit communication of this policy, or an implicit policy such as curriculum/testing presented on these days that would affect a child’s grading should he or she not be in attendance.
Campuses may not serve NSLP/SBP meals on additional school days if any of the following are true:
- Only a sub-set of students are targeted for curriculum on the additional days.
- Instructional activities occurring on these additional days are ever communicated to enrolled students and families as optional.
- Additional days do not fall between the beginning and end dates of a campus’ published school calendar.
Schools operating targeted or optional activities on additional days may operate CACFP At-risk.