Schools already participating in the NSLP have a streamlined application process when applying to participate in the at-risk afterschool care center component of the CACFP. The information contained in the table below must be completed and/or submitted.
- CE application screen in TX-UNPS
- Site application in TX-UNPS for each at-risk site
- Board of Directors screen in TX-UNPS -
- SFAs will enter their Child Nutrition Director information.
- CEs that currently administer NSLP are not required to submit a detailed budget, but they are required to a respond to the following budget questions in CACFP application:
-- Log on to TX-UNPS and select CACFP.
Click on Application.
Click on Add beside Contracting Entity Budget Detail.
Locate the Projected Annual CACFP Income header. Click on Anticipated Annual CACFP Reimbursement (Project Total Meals X Rate Annual Revenue under the Projected Annual CACFP Income header.
-- Locate the Supper, Free row under the ADP header. Type the number 1 in first text box and in the second text box on that row.
TX-UNPS will automatically calculate the current rate and populate the last box in the row with the worksheet total. For 2016-2017, the total is $3.31. The amount may change each year.
Scroll to the bottom of the ADP section. Click Close.
If a warning message is generated, ignore the warning message and submit. The Contracting Entity Budget Detail
screen will appear.
Locate Section H. Click the No checkbox for each of the questions in Section H.
Locate the Certification statement toward the bottom of screen. Click the checkbox in front of the statement to indicate that the information recorded is accurate.
Click Submit to complete the budget reporting process.
Direct Deposit Authorization (74-176)
- Application for Texas Identification Number (AP-152)
- If Using EIN submit either a copy of
- The IRS letter issuing the EIN to the organization, or
- A payment coupon with the EIN pre-printed on the coupon
- Certificate of Authority
- Upon submission of the pre-eligibility form, the organization would have received a confirmation email that included the above form and instructions
- Description of qualifying afterschool program that includes educational/enrichment activities
- Checklist items
- SFAs are not required to submit all the checklist items, however TX-UNPS requires a check mark in all checkboxes in order to submit the application.
- Permanent Agreement Contracting Entity Specific Amendment
SFAs are required to amend the FND Permanent Agreement to add participation in the CACFP.
All forms that are not submitted in TX-UNPS must be completed in ink or other non-erasable print.