P-EBT Resources
Mon., Sept. 21 is Last Day Families Can Submit P-EBT Complaint
Families that were denied Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer or P-EBT benefits, were sent a denial letter in the mail. Families that think their child was denied in error, can submit a complaint. Monday, September 21, 2020 is the last day that families can submit a P-EBT complaint.

To submit a complaint, families can either call the P-EBT Call Center at 833-613-6220 or send an email to AES_PEBT_Complaints@hhsc.state.tx.us. If sending an email, families should include a valid phone number and mailing address, as well as their child’s name, date of birth and school name. The application ID number should also be included if known. HHSC will be calling the family to address their concerns. 

The P-EBT Call Center (833-613-6220) will be open through Wednesday, September 30, 2020.

What is Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT)?

P-EBT is a one-time food benefit for families that have lost access to free or reduced-price meals because of school closures related to COVID-19.

To reveal the answer to each question below, click on the + sign.

Who is eligible for P-EBT?  Maximize 

How do eligible families get P-EBT benefits?  Maximize 

What outreach resources are available for schools to share with families?  Maximize 

10 or more business days have passed since a P-EBT application was submitted. The family has not received benefits. What guidance can school staff offer?  Maximize 

Where is the school data coming from that is being used to verify P-EBT application information?  Maximize 

Why was a child denied for P-EBT?  Maximize 

What are the next steps for families that have received a denial letter?  Maximize 

What happens when a family is approved for P-EBT?  Maximize 

Is there data about the number of students that have applied for P-EBT across Texas?  Maximize 

Where can I find more information about P-EBT?  Maximize 

Assistance available in English and Spanish. Please call 877-TEX-MEAL (877-839-6325) for help.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

SquareMeals.org Logo

Texas Department of Agriculture Logo

Texas Department of Agriculture

Commissioner Sid Miller

Facebook Icon Instagram Icon
Twitter Icon YouTube Icon