Latest Coronavirus Updates
This page contains News for all programs. To view News for specific programs,
please select from the options below: 

30-Day Carryover Eligibility in School Year 2022-2023

" June 1, 2022 - Schools that operated the Seamless Summer Option in School Year 2021-2022 will be permitted to use a prior year's data for 30-day carryover, depending on how or if they processed household applications in SY 2021-2022 or SY 2020-2021.
June 1, 2022 - Schools that operated SSO in School Year 2021-2022 have the following options when determining 30-day carryover, based on how or if they processed application in SY 2021-2022 or 2020-2021:

SSO operators that processed and conducted verification on household applications schoolwide in SY 2021-2022, in accordance with regulations, must use SY 2021-2022 eligibility data.

SSO operators that processed any applications in either SY 2021-2022 or SY 2020-2021 for P-EBT or other purposes but did not conduct schoolwide application processing in either of those two years have two options:

      • Option 1 - Use only data from the last year applications were processed in their entirety. This may be SY 2019-2020 data.
      • Option 2 - Use last documented eligibility for each student, which may include applications processed in School Years 2021-2022, 2020-2021, and 2019-2020. SFAs using this option must use the student’s most recent status and not choose an earlier year’s status, even if that appears to be more beneficial to the student.

CEs must notify TDA if they intend to use data from a year other than SY 2021-2022 for carryover eligibility. TDA is developing a notification form that will be posted on the SquareMeals Intake Form page:


Assistance available in English and Spanish. Please call 877-TEX-MEAL (877-839-6325) for help.

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

1. Mail:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
2. Fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. Logo

Facebook Icon Instagram Icon
Twitter Icon YouTube Icon