Special Provisions

The  special provision options—Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) and Special Assistance Provision 2 (P2)—provide contracting entities (CEs) with two alternatives to the standard requirements for determining eligibility and claiming reimbursement for the National School Lunch Program (NLSP) and School Breakfast Program (SBP). Both options reduce requirements related to the following: 

  • Accepting household applications 
  • Verifying household applications 
  • Providing notification to the public 
  • Submitting meal counts for reimbursement

If a CE chooses to participate in one of the special provision options, all students that receive a reimbursable meal are served meals at no charge.

Across Texas there are numerous sites that operate one or more of the special provision options .

Use the + button to expand each section.

Operating the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP)

Provision 2  Maximize 

Assistance available in English and Spanish. Please call 877-TEX-MEAL (877-839-6325) for help.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
SquareMeals.org Logo

Texas Department of Agriculture Logo

Texas Department of Agriculture

Commissioner Sid Miller

Facebook Icon Instagram Icon
Twitter Icon YouTube Icon